However, it is important to understand that a significant part of their continuity is concurrent, i.e. the some concepts have always been and remain true at the same time in both covenants. Here is a partial, introductory list of concepts that remain the same in both covenants:
- Salvation by faith
- The need for regeneration by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Atonement through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- The three uses of the Law
- Obedience through love
- The identity of the true family of God
- The application of a covenantal sign to infants and converts.*