- Show the First Use of the Law. A mirror. Reveals our sin and need for a Savior.
- Show the Second Use of the Law. Restrains sin in the world.
- Demonstrate the Law written upon the heart; how it both restrains and condemns.
- Show the Third Use of the Law. Rule for life. Teaches what is pleasing to God.
- Show the commandment's New Testament continuity and extension/intension.
- Apply the New Commandment: that love is both the motivation for obedience to and the fulfillment of the commandment.
- Illustrate sins of omission and commission through the lens of love.
- Preach the commandment's fulfillment in Christ.
- Point the sinner to Christ our advocate.
- Encourage sanctification in the power of the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ.
These points came to mind because I was reading the following posts:
Post a Comment